United States Dressing Room Forum for Hetalia: A forum built to rp, draw, and play around with state OCs.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Would you want a DA group for our gallery?
YES. YES YES YES. I totally support this.
100%
 100% [ 3 ]
Seems ok, why not? I support I suppose.
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Uhhhh...Maybe. I guess. Whatever you want.
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
I don't really care lol. Hurr. No comment.
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
No, I don't really like this, I don't want a DA group.
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
NO. I hate this. I hate DA. Do not want at all.
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
Brett.Arkansas
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Feedback: Possible DA Group For Gallery Instead?   Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:58 am

I had the idea...Well, since galleries are complicated on here...

It seems the gallery /has/ to have its own page, like literally, I can't explain too well, but it'd be in something called a 'Portal' which is like another section in the entire forum rather than a category or subject on the main page in the forum. I was either given the chance to make it a Portal page in of by itself, add a 'widget' onto the main forum to link to the gallery and display random images (Which is the most likely choice if I did go this route and fought with the galleries...), OR iframe the page and put the gallery in its own section, which I was informed might look really weird. I've never iframed or anything before, I think it would obviously have something to do with writing out my own script and messing up with the page and code but...

Either way, all of those options still don't change the fact that this site only allows me to host a certain 'weight' of pictures. 20 MB is the limit unless I, or someone else who is kind enough to donate, pay for credits to expand the gallery size hosting limit. So even if I did go with any of the options above, I still come to this problem of how much we can host and right now I can't really afford that option until I get a job, I don't have the extra money to spend on it.

I've been having a difficult time with the gallery and instead...A sudden idea came to me.

What if we made a DA group for this forum, its members being the people registered and passed the test here, and host our images ON THERE. I've never really ran a group but from what I can tell, DA wouldn't really hold a limit on us as to how many images we can hold. It does give us the option of buying a 'Super Group' thing, from what I've heard from other groups, however, it's not really needed or nessecary.

So I was wondering if you guys liked the idea of having a DA group to host our gallery and art too?

If you have a DA account, that'd be wonderful and you can submit your state-tans to our group and all! If not, you could sign up, it's not a bad idea and it's free. And if you just plain don't want a DA account, you could always send me your state drawings/pictures/photos and whatnot and I'll upload them for you and credit you. Either way, all pictures will be credited and everything. I'll also post updates for this site and such here and there as well, however, we'll do our main rping and everything on this site, obviously.

That and having this group on DA is also another great way to get traffic to our site and more members. So it's superb to me.

I just thought this route might be easier rather than fighting this gallery issue anymore. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
USDRF :: Break Room :: Feedback!-
Jump to: