United States Dressing Room Forum for Hetalia: A forum built to rp, draw, and play around with state OCs.

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hey Ya'll~ Missisippi Hure~ (HARD HATS REQUIRED: UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Missy.Mississippi
Nothing Yet
Nothing Yet

PostSubject: Hey Ya'll~ Missisippi Hure~ (HARD HATS REQUIRED: UNDER CONSTRUCTION)   Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:22 am

Questions:

1. Time for the first and obvious question! What's your name, age,state/territory, gender, credit card...

Tha name’s Missi Lee Jonson~ Tha’s spelled Em-Ah-crookad letta - crookad letta- whah Elle-ee-ah-jee-ach Jay- oh- ach- en- sun. Ah’m ah hundrud an’ ninta-three yeas awld, thow I thank tha people thank ahm abaout tweny-wun. I repreesant tha great stata Mees-see-sip-pee. In case ya’ll cudn’t tell bai mai wumunlee figure, ahm a gurl~ An ahm t’ pour ta afford wun of them thar fancea “credit-cardsuh”.

(Missy's full name is Melissa Leigh Johnson. Her last name used to be Jones, but she changed it in the Civil War and never really went back to it. Call her Melissa, and she'll punch you in the face- it's "ta yankee uva name fer a Suthern gurl". )

2. What do you look like? Give us a written description.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

3. Alright, so what are some of your hobbies; what you like to do or have? (Give at least 5, it can be food or material things too, doesn't matter.)

Hobbaes? Uh… Lessee hur… Well, thure’s huntin’, muddin’, fishin’, campin’, muddin’, playin’ tha geetar an’ singin’ tha blues [1] , listnin’ ta B.B. Kang an’ Elvis Preslea [2]... I laike doin’ all sortsa stuff. Oh, an cookin, o’ cors! Specilly tha catefesh an hushpuppaes~ Thure’s som good eatin’ rait thur! Specilly witha Coke! Make minuh Rute beer [3], ahkay, darlin~?

( Not that she will ever admit to it, but Missy actually enjoys reading, specifically plays by Tennessee Williams and books by John Grisham [4]. Surprisingly, she is also quite good at ballet [5]. )

4. What do you not like/hate? What gets you all riled up? (I.e, Arkansas hates foreigners, they scare him. Give at least 5. They can be food or whatever, doesn't matter.)

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

5. What are your relationships with bordering states? (Your attitude towards other states around you, not their attitude towards you, so this /can/ be answered by your character.)

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

6. Which states/territories do you like the best, what's your relationship with them? (Give reasons of why, not just because you're BFFL'S IN RAEL LIFE!!1!!ONE! I don't take that shit.)

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

7. Since we're on the subject of relationships, how are you there? What are your romantic interests (Boys, girls, both, not interested, etc)?

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

8. Which states/territories do you /not/ like/hate. Give reasons.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

9. If you had to pick a song (You can pick up to three songs) to describe yourself, which one?

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

10. What would you describe your personality as? What are you, the bad-boy? The romantic? The cool one? Smart? Strong? Bold? Mischievous? What? (Go on to explain your character's personality fully in parenthesis please. You can explain as much as you want, it doesn't matter on the length or if it's too long or something.)

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

11. Alright, you surely have some pros about yourself. Tell me 5 or more pros about yourself. (Great economy, nice people, etc. Just give me some benefits about your state in your character's point of view.)

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

12. Alright, I'm pretty sure you can guess what's coming up next. Give me 5 or more cons about yourself. (Bad traffic, polluted, isolated, etc., remember, in your character's point of view.)

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

13. Favorite color(s)? (Up to three, if you want)

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

14. Hey, we haven't even asked you about your parents yet. So, who bore this ungodly offspring? (Parents is a loose term. This can apply to major migration. For instance, if you have a lot of /German/ Immigrants, Germany helped in the parenthood then. It's basically: What is your ancestry? Obviously this spot will have more than TWO parents. And America should be an ADOPTIVE father for most of you, the only states who are truly his children should be the original 13 colonies.)

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

15. Oh! And you have history for before you became a state, when you were wandering around as a little baby territory on your own (Probably with Indians lol), so tell us about your PRE-STATEHOOD.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

16. Finally! You became a state! When did you become a state? And what happened? Did you have a specific need to fulfill to become a state (For instance, Ohio had to raise his population to become a state, etc) and is there anything interesting that has happened about your statehood? (For instance, Ohio wasn't actually a state and was forgotten until 1953 when they realized this error and revised it to 'pretend' he got into the union in 1803. Trufax.)

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

17. Time for a question you OBVIOUSLY wasn't expecting. Tell us your history AFTER you became a state until modern times? (Remember, in your own words.)

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

18. Got any bad habits? (Example, Ohio tends to drop things a lot. This is because he has quite a number of earthquakes in his region and it causes him to be clumsy. Or how he smokes = pollution. Describe the habits and give a reason for them being there.)

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

19. Tell us anything about yourself you'd care to share? (Anything I haven't mentioned or brought up that you'd like to tell us about?)

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

20. Show us how you'd interact. Give us a sample, about a paragraph long or more, if you wish. (Give us an rp sample. This can be about anything, just include your character since this is YOUR application. Type it up as if you were rping with us in a random post. It can be about anything, a day in the life of your character, something they love doing [Hobby or something?], recalling on a past event, etc. Be as dramatic, serious, funny, etc as you want to be. And keep in mind, write it as if you were reading your post in a book, third person. Spelling and grammar counts, the only exception to this is your character's accent when they talk.

Here's a sample of the style we're looking for:

It was such a nice day. Connecticut loved going down to the dock on these days, talking with a few of the locals, hoping onto a boat, and just setting sail. The water was calm, the breeze felt good, and he couldn't hardly ask for a better day. "I'm sure you've steered before, right? Ya wanna take the wheel while I go set up some nets?" A local who had allowed him onto his boat came around the corner, talking to him and raising his hat with a smile. Abiel (Connecticut) nodded, "Sure thing, I'll take the wheel." He put, moving to shuffle past the captain so he could make his way to the Wheel house and take control. He hadn't been behind the wheel in such a long time, he looked forward to taking it into his hands again. It had been much too long.

There is a good example. Use as much detail as you'd like, the more the better.)

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

++++++++++++++++++

FOOTNOTES

Question 1

Question 2

Question 3
1. Blues Music was first "invented" in Mississippi.
2. B.B. King and Elvis Presley, two very famous musicians, were born in Mississippi. They were also the figureheads and pioneers of two types of music- Blues and Rock n' Roll.
3. In the south, all brands of soda are called Coke. Barq's Root Beer was first brewed in Mississippi.
4a. Tennessee Williams may not be a Mississippi native, but there are 3 literary festivals held in his honor every year in Mississippi. The only other festival for him is in Philedelphia.
4b.John Grisham is a famous novelist born and raised in Mississippi. He attended Mississippi State University, and there is even a library dedicated to him there.
5. Every four years, the USA International Ballet Competition is held in Jackson, Mississippi. It draws participants from all around the world.

Last edited by Missy.Mississippi on Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:33 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brett.Arkansas
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Hey Ya'll~ Missisippi Hure~ (HARD HATS REQUIRED: UNDER CONSTRUCTION)   Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:30 am

((Yay, Missi, you're finally starting~ ;u; I'm already loling and loving it, I hope to see it more and more as you fill it out <3 If you need any help or have any questions while you're doing it you're more than free to ask~))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Missy.Mississippi
Nothing Yet
Nothing Yet

PostSubject: Re: Hey Ya'll~ Missisippi Hure~ (HARD HATS REQUIRED: UNDER CONSTRUCTION)   Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:38 pm

(( Started adding in some notations for some of the information about Mississippi that seems a little bit unbelievable. Like the ballet thing. I mean, seriously. What the frack. ))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brett.Arkansas
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Hey Ya'll~ Missisippi Hure~ (HARD HATS REQUIRED: UNDER CONSTRUCTION)   Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:03 pm

(Oooh, nice addition, I really like the footnotes. I was wondering a bit about the ballet thing but you clarifying it made it all fall into place perfect~ As I said, I definitely like what you have so far (And I'm sorry for the late post ack sob) and hope you continue more sometime~ I'd love to learn more about my neighbor c: )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey Ya'll~ Missisippi Hure~ (HARD HATS REQUIRED: UNDER CONSTRUCTION)   

Back to top Go down

Hey Ya'll~ Missisippi Hure~ (HARD HATS REQUIRED: UNDER CONSTRUCTION)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
USDRF :: Welcome! :: The Application-
Jump to: